Friday, May 11, 2012

SILA : 7

Triathlon
Are you over training? - Focuses on the symptoms of over training. Triathletes are notorious for overtraining because they are trying to excel in three sports at the same time. I suggest not trying to self-diagnose, but you could use this as a barometer.

ITU In San Diego - A sort of sentimental brief look at the history of Triathlon as this major Olympic qualifying event takes place very close to the birthplace of triathlon.

Sports
Simple Long Run Recovery Stretch - Apparently it comes from Yoga. It's not too often you see someone recommend just one stretch that will have significant impact, but here someone has done it. I've got a long run coming in a couple of weeks, I'll try it then.

Heart Rate vs. Perceived Exertion - Until the end of last year and in to this year I would not have been able to identify with the perceived exertion, but after 3 or 4 years of gradually building my base I think I can finally tell what pace I believe I can hold for a given amount of time. Of course now I'm reaching for the upper bound, because I want to be fast, but when doing that I am trying to trust the way it feels to gauge if I have more left.

Good Carbs - People who are working out on a regular basis need a good base of carbohydrates to fuel themselves. This is a small list of some carb packed foods that are also good for you.

No comments: