Chain Of Lakes (Sprint)
Lake Waconia (Sprint)
Lakefront Days (Sprint)
Maple Grove (Sprint)
Rev3 Florida (70.3)
Last Year for Comparison
|Spring Training (Sprint)||6:58||1:35||31:44||18.5||28:21||9:27|
|Egg Hunt (Sprint)||9:05||2:04||34:14||17.5||29.48||9:35|
|Lake Front Days (Sprint)||6:41||1:31||40:58||19.8||28:06||8:30|
|Maple Grove (Olympic)||25:59||1:35||1:22:33||19.2||53:03||8:32|
What I see
- Chain of lakes is blazingly fast. It was a pool swim, I now know that I can sustain a much faster pace in a pool than in open water. 1:16 was still fast for me at that point of the year. At that point of the year my swim conditioning was at it's peak (sadly.)
- The rest of the swims were pretty consistent, and most of the time I was feeling good getting out the water.
- Rev3 is low due to the tire change. Oh well
- Other than that speed is up overall for the year.
- Those averages are still low compared to many other people.
- I had some very fast (for me) runs this year.
- The first two halves are pretty slow (comparatively) but the last one was better. It could be that I'm getting close to having this distance a little better dialed in so that perhaps I can go for my goal next year.
- Hard to tell what happened at Waconia, I think I let that race get in my head. I might do it again this coming year just so I can see if I can do better.
- I hit a good level of conditioning in swimming pretty early in the season, but then I started letting it slip.
- I dropped a ton of speed in my running over the start of the year.
- I also added some significant speed over last year on the bike.
So the goals for next season line up like this
- Start the season in as good or better shape than where I finished.
- Add another 1 or 2 mph on the bike. If I can get average speed up over 22 mph consistently that will help a lot
- Bring the run pace down. I'd like to be under 8 minutes consistently, around 7 for shorter races.
- Have a better plan for the swim training, times didn't suffer that much, but confidence did