Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Whoa nelly!

I've mentioned the new training plan a few times recently, it's focused on intensity and not so much volume.

I started last week, and it's been pretty fast, literally. This monday my hamstring started to feel tender. Sort of thankfully there was a visitor at the house Tuesday morning which disrupted the scheduled trainer ride, so I elected to take this time to rest my little muscles.

I opted for additional swimming in place of the Tuesday trainer ride, and the wednesday run. Tomorrow I will resume the normal schedule.

My hamstring is feeling better (actually it was feeling a lot better Tuesday after ice and rest) but now it's normal.

Rest now, fun later. Because the fun is not in the training, it's in the racing! Plus, we all get the same oat bag in the end.

No comments: