Friday, August 31, 2012

August Training Notes


This month my totals look like this


DistanceTime
Swim19,200 yards5:45 hours
Bike276 miles14:30 hours
Run34 miles5 hours

Overall
I hit a little bit of a motivation lull this month. So I ended up taking just about a full week off, from the 12th-18th I just did two bike rides. This month I also did two races, and both of them went well.

For reference here are the last couple of months:
July

DistanceTime
Swim29,250 yards8:30 hours
Bike353 miles19:15 hours
Run60 miles9:30 hours
Paddling10 miles4:20 hours

June

DistanceTime
Swim26,200 yards7:35 hours
Bike363 miles20:00 hours
Run66 miles10:45 hours

So you can see the fairly drastic decline overall. But I feel like the rest really felt great, and I think had both a positive physical and mental impact.

Swim
So the swimming is way down, for racing it's been ok, but when I go to the swimming club I get wrecked. It's clear that I have been slacking.

Bike
Most of my biking is coming from the bike group, and it's a lot of fun. At the end of the summer the group gets pretty fast, and in general it's just fun to ride with them.

Run
I did only one run longer than four miles this month, and when I did that run my knees hurt for like two days. So, lets just say, I need to be running more.

Resolution
The month's resolution was to read two books, and I did that. And I wrote book reports, but I have to say it took a lot of mental strength. I just don't like carving out time to sit down and read a book, even the books I read that are mostly pictures (not an exaggeration.)

Next month is no eating out, oh boy, that's going to be a tough one.

No comments: