Friday, March 9, 2012

The sickness

So I've been sort of sick for about a week now. Runny nose, headache, nothing super serious, I'm sort of confident that it's allergies due to the snow melt. I came to this conclusion because the littlest one and I got sick at the same time. For about two days it looked like she was perpetually crying, super watery eyes. I may be incorrect about the cause, but that's not the point of this story.

This week's training included some light biking, some light running, a day off. Then a 10 mile run on Thursday and tomorrow is a long bike and run.

Wednesday Night
Not feeling that great. There seems to be snot all up in my body. It's one of those things where when you turn your head when going to sleep it all drains from one side to the other. I am not sleeping well. I think I finally get to sleep around 1:30. -- Side note, my wife isn't fairing that much better. She's not sick, but the tiniest one is on a sort of sleep strike, at least on our schedule.

Thursday Morning
Rise and shine at 5ish. Head to swimming, overall it went well, but near the end I started to cough a lot. Basically anytime we were on the wall I was breath-coughing. Not super awesome, but not the end of the world either. Things head pretty much downhill the whole day, lots of coughing to clear mucus, lots of headache. When I got home I decided that perhaps a 10 mile run would do more harm than good. I headed to bed at 9:30ish

Friday Morning
Rise and shine at 5ish. I had slept well all night, my nose was dry, my chest didn't feel heavy so I was thinking a long night of sleep had done me well. As I walked around I could feel the mucus shifting, and started to cough some. Off to swimming anyway. That was a HUGE mistake. About half the way through I started to feel dizzy and nauseated. I tried to wait it off, but ended up just getting out early. As a sort of staggered back to the locker room, took a shower sat there in my towel for a while. I decided that this day was a miss. Called into work, went home, took a four hour nap, did some stuff with the family took another nap around dinner time.

We'll see what's in store tomorrow - right now I've got a sort of upset stomach, a headache, and whatever. But there's supposed to be a long bike tomorrow followed by a quick run. I'll play it by ear, but I do think that rest and recuperation is better than trying to work through it.

1 comment:

amjeso said...

Woo Hoo! Money Shot!!