Friday, December 9, 2011

Trinona 2012

Trinona 2011 was my first race last year in Minnesota, also my first Olympic distance race, so it has a special place in my heart.

I enjoy following the specticle that this race carries, they make commercials, they do fun little things that add a little spice to the race. This weekend during Kona coverage they will have a new commercial on TV (Saturday between 3:30 - 5:00 central on NBC and likely only locally)


I have to admit, the bluff destroyed me last year. It was very challenging, and not in that "this is too challenging way" because there are plenty of people who passed me on the way up. If you're looking for a fun race with a monster climb, hit it up.

I probably won't be doing this race this year, I am planning on having my first half iron distance on the same day. But I will enjoy following this race, and maybe I'll try to beat the hill next year.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I have to admit there is a little piece of me that wishes I was racing Trinona again this year. Oh well on to bigger or at least longer challenges.

Unknown said...

Yeah, I guess a little too. This year I want to do the longer distance. Next year I might make space for it. The hill is like a little thorn in my side :(