Tuesday, August 2, 2011

July Training Notes

This month my totals look like this

DistanceTime
Swim32,500 yards9:45 hours
Bike287 miles15:40 hours
Run30 miles5:00 hours

Overall
I can honestly say I'm ready for a break. I think I've been going solid with 5-7 days a week for 14 months and it's starting to creep into my brain. I have to dig pretty deep to get up at 5, or rush through dinner to get in a long workout.

Swim
Swimming yardage jumped up even though time didn't really change that much. I'm just swimming faster.

Bike
Biking miles went up too, also without more time. Biking faster - I would have liked to pull this one up further, but I have not been sticking to plan overall. I feel like my bike endurance and speed has come a long way this summer so far though, so I'm happy about that.

Run
I have a sneaking suspicion that putting running in maintenance mode is going to bite me on the last two races. Time will tell, but the last two times I went out I hit the wall HARD, especially on the last brick.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wow that's a lot. Good thing you have an upcoming baby break :-)